Fort Amherst is a large site which comprises underground tunnels and passageways, ancient buildings some of which are ruins and large areas of parkland. Weather permitting, some of our investigations take place outside, so please wear sensible clothing and flat shoes.
The Fort serves a range of hot and cold drinks and you are welcome to bring your own snacks and non alcoholic drinks.
We have a broad range of investigative activities, which may include the following:
- Paranormal Walks: Sometimes we start the night off with a walk through the Fort complex and our Medium will pick out the most active areas of the Fort us to investigate during the night.
- Pendulum and Dowsing: Using the spirit’s energy trapped within our Fort and channelled through the user. Using Fort Amherst’s NEW “Pendulum Cage” we can channel the energy of 5 people to the Pendulum. Dowsing rods work similarly to the Pendulum and help us get good results as some spirits communicate better through this format.
- Table Tipping: Our purpose built lightweight table gives good results in all areas of the Fort.
- Glass and Candle Work.
- Planchette: This is new activity for the Fort which has shown good results so far.
- Spirit Board: We use the Spirit Board in the most active areas of the Fort. This is always opened and operated by our Medium.
- Private Vigils: Our guests are split into small groups and are able to investigate areas of the Fort by themselves. Our hosts are always nearby in case they are needed.